Roger P. Asch
Roger P. Asch is a Maine lawyer with over 35 years of experience. His practice focuses on estate planning and probate administration, business planning and organizations, and taxation. Roger is also AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell.
Roger counsels clients who are individuals, families on estate planning matters relating to the transfer of wealth, wills, gifts, trusts (including revocable and irrevocable, nominee, life insurance and charitable trusts), nuptial (marital property) agreements (pre and post nuptial), conservation easements, health care powers of attorney, declarations of living wills, general durable powers of attorney, tax planning and trusts and estates tax and fiduciary compliance.
Prior to law school, Roger worked for a small Boston based regional accounting firm, and passed the complete five part (two and a half day) CPA certification exam in one sitting. He has worked as a tax specialist for Peat, Marwick, Mitchell & Co. He became a Certified Public Accountant in 1984. Prior to joining Drummond & Drummond, LLP, Roger worked for another Portland law firm for 8 years and also had a solo law practice, for 19 years. Roger resides in Portland (previously in North Yarmouth) and has three adult children. In his leisure time, Roger enjoys tennis and golf.
- Boston University School of Law, LLM, Taxation
- Boston College Law School, J.D.
- University of Miami School of Law (1L year, no degree)
- Boston University School of Management, BSBA, Accounting
- Washington University
Admitted To Practice
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Estate Planning Council
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Portland Rotary
- Temple Beth El Brotherhood
- Greater Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- 75 State Street (past Chairman and Board Member of its Board of Trustees)
- Children’s Museum of Maine (past Member of the Board of Directors and its Executive Committee)
For more information on Roger’s practice, please visit www.mainetrustsandestates.com