Horace W. Horton
Horace joined Drummond & Drummond in 1973 and for more than 45 years, Horace Horton has been one of firm’s greatest assets. Now a senior partner, Horace enjoys a distinguished reputation as a terrific advocate and confident leader.
Horace has an extensive real estate background, starting by performing title examinations as a law clerk prior to being admitted to practice. He subsequently conducted residential and commercial loan closings of all types for the former Maine National Bank and other institutional and private clients
Horace has represented a wide array of business entities, including Olympia Sport Center, Inc. and serving as counsel to nearly two hundred diverse corporate entities. Horace has also been involved in all areas of banking law with emphasis in commercial transactions from both the lender’s and borrower’s perspective and complex workouts from both the creditor’s and debtor’s perspective.
Horace was born in the coastal Hancock County town of Blue Hill, Maine and graduated from the University of Maine in 1965. Following service for the U.S. Army in the Vietnam conflict, he graduated from the University of Maryland Law School in 1973. He and his family have lived for decades in the coastal town of Yarmouth, where he has always remained active in the community.
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- University of Maine
- U.S. District Court, District of Maine
- Maine Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association (former President)
- Yarmouth School Committee
- Maine Historical Society (Trustee)
- Moderator of the Yarmouth Town Meeting
- Casco Bay Regional YMCA (former Chairman)
- Cumberland County YMCA (former Chairman)
- First Parish Congregational Church in Yarmouth
- Pine Tree Council Boy Scouts of America (President of the Board of Directors)